Welcome to Sensory Solutions
Sensory Solutions is a pediatric therapy clinic specializing in working with children with developmental delays. Sensory Solutions prides itself on our “family” feel. Our mission is to provide the highest quality of care throughout the St Louis area for the pediatric population.
We understand the anxiety involved when a family realizes their baby/ child might be atypical or delayed in development and pride ourselves on our timeliness to meet each family's needs. If it's a baby that is not walking, not talking or not eating, it's our priority to meet with you, evaluate your child and start therapy immediately.
Early Intervention is the key and although a child might be seen in the home we welcome families to use their private insurance for additional therapy needs. Sensory Solutions is in network with all insurance companies and our private pay rates are affordable.
The company is therapy owned with over 20+ years' experience. Sensory Solutions was established in April 2000 and continues to prosper.
I have not only provided therapy to children with delays but I am also a parent of a child with A.D.D. I understand the daily struggles both in the home and in the community. Being on both sides of this condition has helped me educate families. There are no words to explain the way I feel knowing that I am making a difference in the lives of a child and her family, a difference that will last a lifetime. I am so passionate about the work that I do and feel blessed to be given the opportunity to care for these children and parents.
Sheree Behrndt, OTR/L; Owner
We are certified in iLs (Integrated Listening System)
iLs is based on the fact that we can change our brain – we can essentially re-wire it through specific and repeated stimulation, a concept known as neuroplasticity. As in building strength and endurance with physical exercise, we are able to build neurological pathways and synaptic activity at any age.
Children this will benefit:
- ADD/ ADHD: improvements in attention to task and decreased movement
- Autism: improvements in behaviors, sensory processing and language
- Down Syndrome: improvement in muscle tone and motor skills
- Sensory Processing Disorders: increased organization of sensory processing
- Communication Delays: improved speech, articulation, language and socialization
- Motor Delays: global improvements in fine and gross motor skills
- Auditory Processing: improvements in overall ability to process auditory input
- Feeding Disorders: improvement in oral motor function, decreased oral aversion and feeding skills
- Developmental Delays: improved strength, endurance and motor planning